(click any picture to enlarge and start a slide show)
So, the computer installation is finally completed. Per my previous posting, I made a design change at the last minute. I removed the existing back panel in the area where the computer was to be installed and replaced it with some wooden slats I fabricated.
I found a source for African mahogany and applied a maple stain to match the wood to the rest of the interior. I then clear coated the wood with three coats of semi-gloss polyurethane.
I made the slats and shelves at home and temporarily turned our kitchen into workshop (much to Cindy’s dismay).
It feels really good to check this project off the to-do list.
Next up is a single side band radio installation.