(Special nod to Jeff Foxworthy who developed “…..You Might be a Redneck….” Which has been reinvented in so many ways)
You Know You are a Cruiser if…….
- You get your daily servings of fruit from rum drinks
- You wait for the tide to turn the boat so you can get a better wifi or cell phone reception
- It has been over six months since you had decent TV reception
- Your second car is a dinghy and your first car is your boat
- Your good flip flops are your dress shoes
- You have to visit more than two other boaters to find out the day of the week or date
- You have completed an exhaustive comparison of ways to get weather forecasts
- You forget to stop saying, “Over” when you chat on an actual telephone
- You have a wide brim, floppy hat with a neck guard and you are not afraid to wear it
- You blow a conch shell at sunset
- Your new fragrance is bug spray mixed with sunscreen
- You have a collection of left over laundry tokens
- Amazon Prime knows you by your first name (when in the USA)
- Amazon’s stock goes down when you are away from port
- You slow down around anchored boats
- You have a solar shower and you know how to use it
- You favorite purse is waterproof, dries quickly and has a spare kill cord hidden inside
- You wash out Ziplock bags
- Your first aid kit has duct tape in it
- Your cereal is stored in the same cabinet as your socks
We know there are a lot of creative cruisers out there. If you have any you would like to contribute to this list, please go to our comment page. We will post them in a future post.
Happy to be back on the water! More fun posts to come!